First Parish members are committed to community service and support Wakefield, the North Shore, and communities around the world.
We do this through:
- Monthly community breakfasts, open to the public and those in need
- Monthly Clothing Closet ministry that regularly collects, organizes, and distributes clean clothing and shoes
- Monthly “Tech Corner” providing technical support to community members in need
- Holiday suppers twice a year (Easter and Thanksgiving) for the lonely, elderly, or in need of support and fellowship
- First Parish Food Pantry collects and distributes non-perishable food items
- Hosting Scouts (Troop 701) for regular meetings and events
- Sponsoring regular meetings for Alcoholics Anonymous to support recovery from addiction
- Periodic drives to meet emergent needs of the world around us (sock drives, diaper drives, Ukraine relief fund, etc.)
- Pie social after the Wakefield tree lighting to kick off Christmas season with hospitality and love for our local community
- Collecting and shipping Christmas gifts to children around the world through Operation Christmas Child
To extend our reach, we provide financial support to the following:
- Amirah, Inc. (helping survivors of domestic sex trafficking & exploitation through residential, outreach, and education services.)
- Boston Rescue Mission (feeding the hungry, sheltering he homeless, working to prevent end homelessness)
- Emmanuel Gospel Center (strengthening Christian churches and leaders in Boston and beyond to strengthen urban churches and communities)
- His Mansion (a Christ-centered residential recovery program for people struggling with addiction and life controlling issues)
- Hope Academy of the Bronx (providing Christ-centered education to challenge and equip undereducated at-risk students in The Bronx to love God with heart, soul, mind, and strength and to live for God’s glory.)
- Wakefield Food Pantry (provide a variety of food, household necessities, and support to those in need – approximately 500 families/year).
- Place of Promise (Based in Lowell, MA, provides Christ-centered programming for men, women, and children to experience physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual healing.)
- Salvation Army (runs charity shops, operates shelters for the homeless and disaster relief, and provides humanitarian aid to developing countries.)
- Vision New England (building, supporting, and equipping networks and ministries that make disciples, do justice, and foster unity to share Jesus)
- First Parish Living Nativity (Live re-enactment of the birth of Jesus, with actors, animals, and songs, to kick off the Christmas season on the Wakefield Town Common)
- First Parish currently supports missionaries located in Massachusetts, Michigan, Washington, Niger, India, Southeast Asia, and Japan.