“Children are a gift from the Lord.”
But parenting is tough! So, we have a fellowship of young families (with school-aged or younger children) that meets regularly for a meal, fellowship, activity, and support.
Purpose and Spiritual Goals of the Young Family fellowship are:
1 – To support parents/couples to grow spiritually, have an ever growing relationship with Jesus
2 – To organize meetings where parents are getting support and encouragement from each other (fellowship) to be a Godly parent
3- To have the parents learning together what I means to be a Godly parent
4- To provide support to married couples to live out a good marriage – e.g. time alone!
5- To provide parents resources & help to nurture spiritual growth and faith in their children
We meet monthly at various times and locations during the school year.
Here is our calendar for this school year, Sept 2023 to April 2024 :
- October 1, 2023, Sunday, 12noon – ~1:30/2pm, location: church– Themed Costume Party
November 5, 2023, 12noon – ~2pm, location: church – Thanksgiving Tree Activity
- December 9, 2023, Saturday 5:30pm to 8pm, location: church – Cookie and Gingerbread house
- January 7, 2024, Sunday, 12noon – 2pm, location: church – Winter craft or snow tubing (if there
- February 11, 2024, Sunday, 12noon – 2pm, location: church – Valentine’s craft
- March 3, 2024, Sunday, 12noon – 2pm, location: church – Easter egg hunt and Easter Egg Craft
- April 7, 2024, Sunday, 12noon – 2pm, location: church – Spring Craft – Kindness Rocks craft
- June 2024 (TBD), Sunday, 12noon – 2pm, location: church – End of school year picnic and games
Click the below link for a printable PDF that includes further details for these events!